Skip to main content

Angerme - Koi wa Accha Accha

  • H!P’s Bollywood If They Could

    Composition: Hoshibe Sho
    Lyrics: Kodama Ameko
    Arrangement: Hirata Shoichiro

    So the combo of Hoshibe and Ameko is starting to be one of my favorite duos. They have done two of my all time favorite Angerme songs, marionette 37C degrees, and now Koi wa Accha Accha. I am so very pleased with this writing duo and I hope they stay an item. The song is clearly based on Bollywood type musicals, which have a long, varied, and entertaining history. Bollywood is of course a play on words, its the “Hollywood” of India. Bollywood is known for its grandiose musicals, with their accompanying dance routines and songs. I offer you two old school examples of Bollywood’s style.

     Dola Re Dola


    Mehndi Lagaau Kis Naam Ki.



    The indisputable highlight for me in this song was hearing Ebi-chan’s voice (Ise Layla). She has the voice of a Siren. I am so pleased! So this confirmation for me has me strongly debating whether to let her have my number 1 spot or allow it to remain Maa-chan (Sato Masaki) (who was my original and my only ever Oshimen…)

    Anyways, on to the song. So the song has the tonal Center of Gb. I am not sure of key or anything, it may be based on an Indian mode or scale or something. But the notes I used in playing this song were Gb - Ab - A - B - Db - D - F - Gb. The song is 1-4-5, for the most part. Sometimes it stays on the same note, like traditional Indian music (like drones or ragas), but not for long. The pre-chorus is 6-7-4-5-1 tho.

    Structure:
    Intro (2 bars)
    Music Break (4 bars)
    Half Chorus (5 bars)
    Verse 1 (4 bars)
    Verse 2 (4 bars)
    Pre-chorus (5 bars)
    Chorus (9 bars)
    Breakdown (5 bars)
    Verse 1 (4 bars)
    Verse 2 (4 bars)
    Pre-chorus (5 bars)
    Chorus (9 bars)
    Breakdown (5 bars)
    Bridge (5 bars)
    Pre-chorus (5 bars)
    Odoritai Long (2 bars) (Meter slows down)
    Chorus (9 bars) (Meter returns)
    Chorus (9 bars)

    I really would like you guys to pay special attention to the Indian instruments that are used in the song. I think they (likely Hirata Shoichiro) do a good job of sprinkling in those traditional Indian instruments like the tablas and the sitar. They have reeded instruments and others. I think you should really pay attention to those little additions.

Comments

Popular Posts