Michishige Sayumi - Loneliness Tokyo

Loneliness Tokyo
Sayu: Am I still cute today?
Me: Yes my love, of course you are…
SAYUUUUUUUUUUU!
Minishige!
SAAAAAYUUUUUUUU!
Whew….. SaYuuuUUUUUUuuU!

After earnestly attempting to write an objective review of the music in this video, I have simply given in to the urge to fanboy about Michishige Sayumi. This song is run of the mill Tsunku EDM (read:great). The kind of song I could easily listen to 40 more times. I think the song is about the loneliness you can feel when trying to chase after your dreams. I think the protagonist may have had a lover they left behind to come to Tokyo. I think this song is explaining to that lover that it sucks being here, and everything is hard. But given that, the protagonist can’t run away from this situation, because this is where her dream lies… But I have not seriously looked at the lyrics, so I may be wrong.

I just friggen love Sayu in this video. Its literally just Sayu walking down the street and in like more than a dozen different outfits. My favorite is the one with the glasses and the hat (by the way). But she was not just walking, she was working as well. I mean she was working the camera, working the sidewalk, serving up face, posing, teasing, enticing… Bish was working. Like its literally nothing but her walking around, but her fashion sense, posing, and the background settings just make watching this a HIGHLY pleasant experience for me.

I wish I could produce an idol like her. I wish I could pick the music, pick the wardrobe, pick the lyrics, and then say…
Sayu… breathe life into my creation….
*pensively looks away*

Naturally, I do not need to explain Sayu’s greatness to anyone reading this, but I will unequivocally state that Sayu is one of the greatest to have ever been an idol. Sayu’s appeal is multifaceted. Of course one of the reasons Sayu appeals to so many wotas (read: me) is because they can see she is a filthy lolicon, just like them, lol… The biggest difference is she has direct access to her prey. The proverbial wolf in sheep’s clothing. There are so many accounts of her attacks and attempted attacks on her victims that are documented on camera… I can only imagine what went on behind the scenes. Gotta love Sayu… well at least I love Sayu.

However, I suppose the main reason wotas love Sayu is that she has abnormal levels of cuteness. She also has retained her cuteness as she aged, she is pushing up on 30 and her cuteness has only increased. Sayu is the forever cute idol. She literally looks like a doll. She may be one of the most objectively cute women I have seen in my life. She is not my sexual preference, but she sure is cute… Her cuteness creates a moe in me. On one hand she seems so useless, like she can’t do anything but be cute, but on the other hand her effort is so high.

Seeing her try so hard strengthens the moe in me. Like clearly, she is no ballet dancer, she is no opera singer. However, everyday she is giving her all to give her fans the best that she has. When I see her effort, I end up respecting her more than an idol who “just” has natural talent and wants to be praised because of what god gave her. An idol like that hasn’t worked for anything, they haven’t sacrificed anything. Sayu has sacrificed her life to be an idol, and once she left, she found she did not know how to live a life where she was not an idol. I’m sure she found that she could not be a normal person, she spent more than half her life as an idol and all of her adult years as an idol.

Thank you for your service Sayumi~

Comments

Popular Posts